Cyndi’s List has been with us for seventeen years plus now.
Time to stop and think “What is Cyndi’s List ?
I’m going to take some words direct from Cyndi’s site to explain:
What exactly is Cyndi’s List?
- A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet
- A list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online
- A free jumping-off point for you to use in your online research
- A “card catalog” to the genealogical collection in the immense library that is the Internet
- Your genealogical research portal onto the Internet
And it is true the site is all of that with its 328, 240 links.
328, 240 links! Stop for a moment and think about that number. If you went to each link and spent just one hour of your research life there you would need 38.41 years of your life, 24 hours a day just to go through every link on her site!
However I can tell you right now that you would never be able to live long enough to go through every link as Cyndi is constantly updating and adding links, sorting into categories.
There is a wide range of categories from the usual suspects such as by country, DNA, scanners, to Evernote for Every Genealogist, Video and Audio, Podcasts and so, so much more!
I was privileged enough to meet Cyndi this year while I was at RootsTech. She is Genealogical Royalty to me and I was a bit overawed but a more lovely lady you would never meet.
|Helen with Cyndi and Alona Tester at RootsTech 2013|
Thank you Cyndi for all you have done and continue to do!
It is interesting to think that there is a whole genealogical generation who have never known a time without Cyndi’s List, the portal to Genealogy Magic!